7 Steps to a Healthy Brain - 90 Second Edition
Step 1 – Healthy Brain Nutrition
It is vitally important
to consume anti-oxidants daily; for example, you should have a cup of
berries everyday .
- Whether you are at your appropriate weight or need to lose weight, the Healthy Brain Diet will guide you through a straight-forward approach on how to choose the proper foods to keep your brain and body healthy.
Step 2 – Healthy Brain Supplements
- It is important as part of your daily routine to take appropriate high quality supplements consisting of a multi-vitamin, and when appropriate, omega-3 purified fish oil.
- Should you be suffering from a chronic neurological condition, further supplementation may be necessary; suggestions are reviewed in depth.
Step 3 – Stress Management
- Learn to manage stress or stress will manage you.
- For most people, learning to take a few deep breaths is a simple and effective management tool.
different approaches are provided to address the management of stress .
Step 4 – Good Sleep Habits
- Sleep is not an option, it is a necessity.
- Sleep also affects your weight; understanding this relationship is important in managing both your weight and your general health. This relationship is fully explored.
- Suggestions you can implement immediately are given so that you may obtain the appropriate 7-8 hours of sleep nightly.
Step 5 – Exercise Your Brain
- Challenge yourself with crossword puzzles and Sudoku is a great way to keep your mind active.
- To slow down the aging process, start challenging new activities such as playing an instrument, learning a new language, or taking a course at a local school.
Step 6 – Exercise Your Body
- Your exercise program should include a proper stretching routine, both before and after exercising.
- Exercise has been shown to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s Dementia and to reduce the risk of strokes and heart attacks.
Step 7 – Timely Medical Evaluations
- Establish yourself with a primary allied healthcare professional that you can grow old with.
- It is important to seek help early for any medical situation.
for a free Healthy Brain
video, chapter excerpts, and other materials to get you started!
"Read this book. The 7 Steps can truly change your life. Buy this book for yourself, and buy a copy for someone you care about."
Andrew Hershey, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Neurology, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
“This book takes the guesswork out of what you need to know to maintain a healthy brain and body. Straight forward recommendations guide you through the 7 Steps in an easy to understand manner.”
Larry Newman, M.D., Associate Clinical Professor of
Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY
"Dr. Winner's talents, knowledge and understanding are on display in this book. It is an engaging and thorough synthesis of emerging ideas and evidence about the vital subject of brain health."
Elizabeth Loder, MD, MPH, Chief, Division of Headache and Pain, Brigham and
Women's / Faulkner Hospitals, Boston, MA